Executive Assistant/Project Manager
Boston-Thurmond United (BTU) is looking for a well-organized Executive Assistant/Project Manager to provide support for our Executive Director and Health Equity Initiative to promote equitable birth outcomes for black women in the 27105 zip-code of Forsyth County, North Carolina. This is a great opportunity to establish working relationships with high-level executives and resident leaders while contributing to the overall efficiency of our organization and grant-funded projects.
The Executive Assistant/Project Manager (EA/PM) is critical to the success of Boston-Thurmond United, with primary responsibility for the organization's administrative priorities. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the EA/PM will provide direct administrative and scheduling support to the ED and provide project management and administrative support for the Forsyth County Birth Stories project administered by Boston-Thurmond United. This is a hybrid-working, contract position.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets visitors, screens phone calls, takes messages, and prioritizes incoming requests; coordinates day-to-day activities, develops policies, procedures, and systems that ensure productive and efficient office operations
• Maintains office filing systems including establishing and organizing all printed documentation; preparing and printing briefing documents, preparation of materials for Board meetings and other events that require extensive preparation.
• Maintains the ED's travel-related expenses, and professional organization memberships
• Provides support in formatting documents, proofreading, printing, and mailing as needed
• Manages financial/workday tasks for the office, including tracking office expenses
• Processes, submits, and monitors work related charges and reimbursements, and travel reimbursements to designated accounting firm and the BTCN Finance Committee
? Update partnership and program reporting templates as needed
• Creates community events and meeting flyers
• Maintains/manages BTU's social media platforms, list-serve, robo-call list, and newsletter distribution
• Maintains the ED's calendar, serving as primary delegate for calendar/scheduling tasks
• Schedules meetings, responds to meeting requests, and reserves space for the ED
• Prepares agendas, attends meetings with ED, and takes minutes at meetings
• Coordinates mowing and payment schedules for BTU properties
• Tracks tax and insurance on all BTU properties
• Handles benevolence gestures on behalf of organization
• Makes weekly visits to the organization's P.O. Box and appropriately files mail
• Perform general administrative duties, as assigned
PROJECT MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide project coordination and management in support for overall project with emphasis on community sharing, network development and innovation fund
• Participate in relevant core team activities, meetings, and retreats
• Assist in creating meeting agendas, taking notes, and completing tasks on time
• Support logistics for all convenings including food, venue, gifts of gratitude, etc.
• Guide recruitment efforts to include leading check-ins with the recruitment team, creating and managing event registrations, and disseminating information to participants/registrants (i.e., sending event emails/reminders, meeting invitations, post-event items/messaging, etc.)
• Support FCBS project communications with participants and stakeholders by maintaining project email
• Bachelor's degree in related field, such as non-profit management, public administration, community development, education, or equivalent knowledge/experience.
• At least 5 years of strong operational experience in clerical work, or project management
? Proven excellence in relationship-building, teamwork and organizational skills, with emphasis on building connections with diverse groups
? Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
? Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholder groups
• Flexible, and able to multi-task in fast pace environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Extensive administrative or project management experience
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
• Proficiency navigating Video Conferencing Platforms (Zoom, Cisco Webex, Google Meet, etc.)
• Project management experience
• Highly skilled in office organization and record-keeping
• Comfortable with public speaking
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employee is subject to standing, stooping, walking, lifting, and carrying objects throughout daily job performance. Effort involving lifting between 5 to 25 pounds required. Driving is required (valid driver's license required).
COMPENSATION: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.