Purchasing AgentNAVIS TUBETEX
Founded in 1929, Navis TubeTex is a leader in finishing machinery for the global textile industry. Based in Lexington, North Carolina, Navis TubeTex designs, engineers and manufactures the world's leading machinery for the global knit, woven, nonwoven, technical textile, and geotextile industries.
Navis Tubetex is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our manufacturing operations team. In this role, the Purchasing Agent will have the opportunity to contribute on a wide range of sourcing, negotiating, quality assurance, and administrative functions centered around an active, tight-knit and ever-changing manufacturing and warehousing operation. This role will require a wide range of skills and experience as well as the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are seeking a position with significant responsibilities within a small company where you can make a big impact, we want you on our team! Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
• Create purchase orders based on MRP reporting and other factory requirements.
• Solicit quotes on parts from suppliers and enter data into Visual ERP system.
• Follow up with suppliers to assure on-time delivery.
• Work with and produce various reports used in sourcing function, such as expedite lists, backorder reports, etc.
• Work with manufacturing and suppliers to resolve quality issues related to purchased items.
• Assist warehouse and accounting in resolving any issues related to purchases made, such as Mis-shipments, price variance, receipt confirmation, etc.
Job Requirements & Skills
• Bachelors degree preferred,3 years experience in purchasing field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel. Experience with manufacturing MRP systems a plus.